Saturday, December 8, 2012

Emery Elise Jacobs Ch 5


          Javier looked at Emery like she was crazy; he could have sworn that he heard her wolf. There was something different about this girl. Everything about her was making his panther purr. Mercy never made his animal go crazy like this. Hell his animal could barely stand being around her. If he didn’t know any better he would like that she was his mate.
He’d heard stories about people who’d found their mates. About how you just knew. He wondered if Emery felt the same way. Did her wolf just know? He took his eyes off of her and shook his head. That was a question that he would have to ask his Aunt Sophie, because he definitely couldn’t ask William.
          Speaking of which, William was an ass to stick him with Emery like he did; he had to know what he and Mercy were going through. William knew everything. He was Alpha he had to know everything, that was his job. But this shit, this shit wasn’t funny not in the least bit. William was always sticking his nose in places he shouldn’t be. It could be worse though, he could have an asshole of an Alpha like the East coast. That Clan had broken off from this one when William had won the challenge to be second back in the day. The chicken shit he’d fought was so upset that he packed his family and moved clear across country.
          But now of that was neither here nor there. Javier was surprised that he could think of anything else. Ever since Emery walked in the dining room of main house this morning with that Guardian she was all that he could think about. Then what happened in the woods just made it that much worse. This closeness with Emery was going to make him lose his mind. “Fucking Aye!” Javier thought to himself. Shaking his head he walked out of Emery’s bedroom.
          “There’s a phone in the kitchen,” Javier said as he distanced himself from his latest obsession. “If you press star nine it will ring the main house. Sophie will most likely answer that line. Star two will send you to William. As you meet more people you can program them to the other numbers.” “Like mine” Javier said to himself.
          “Other people numbers, yeah right. I’m not looking to meet other people here. I’m only staying long enough to pacify William. I have a life to get back to, once I figure out how to control this other part of me, I’m gone. By the way when is this Naming Ceremony thing?” Emery said following behind Javier.
          “The next full moon is in two weeks. That’s when it will take place.”
          “Two weeks? Two fucking weeks?” Emery throw her hands up in the air, “I can’t be here two weeks; I have a job to get back to.”
          “But William said that your mother and friend took care of everything.” Javier said while feeling puzzled.
          “I don’t give a damn what he said. I’m tired of everyone telling me what to do. Especially someone I didn’t know was my father until three fucking days ago.” Emery blew the fuck up, she was tired of William changing things in her life and disappearing like things were all honky dory.
           “This girl just might be crazier than Mercy,” Javier thought to himself. He didn’t want to get in the way of whatever was going on with Emery and her father. Javier didn’t want to touch that with a ten foot pole, so he simply walked to the door. 
          Emery watched as Javier made his way to the door. “I guess I sacred him,” Emery thought to herself. “Let’s go, so you can show me whatever else there is to show in BFE.”
          They exited to cabin and started toward the training center. This time there was a small walking trail used to get to the training center. It was easier this time to see where they were going. Drea didn’t put up as much of a fight so Emery could use her sight. The trek to the training center took all of five minutes. This was a nice thing to know for when she wanted to go work out.
Once they reached the training center, Javier showed her around the inside of the building.  It was impressive. The building held a workout room, nursery, basketball court, and room that looked like a dojo. If Emery had to guess that’s where she would be meeting Javier for training. “I’m so not looking forward to that.” Emery said to herself.
          “What did you say?” Javier asked
          “Oh nothing, just talking out loud. So anything else you want to show me tonight or is it cool that we go?”
          “Naw, we can go. I’ll show you everything else tomorrow after meeting here for your first training at eight.”
          “Eight a.m.?” Emery asked.
          “Yup, there are a few things we need to go over before we actually start training.”
I didn’t reply to that last bit of info. I felt like telling him that he could shove that training shit up his ass, but then he probably run back a tell William, so that was out the question.
          We exited out the training center and started back toward my cabin. Once we reached it Javier said his good byes and headed towards…well I don’t know where he went, he kind of just melted into the forest.
          I walked into the cabin and went to take a shower. Stripping on the way to the bathroom I realized that I didn’t have any clothes. What was I going to do?  This morning when I woke up I didn’t think that I was going to be stuck an hour away from home with no clothes. That was the furthest fucking thing on my mind. I thought that I was going to die, not be turned into an animal and stuck in an alternate universe. Fuck my life.
Deciding to forgo finding out whether or not I could find extra clothes, I went and turned on the shower. I could say one thing about this place; it might have been in the middle of nowhere, but at least they did have hot water. Thank fuck for small miracles.
          The shower was very relaxing. Emery found herself washing away the insecurities she incurred during the day. This wasn’t like her, she wasn’t this girl. She didn’t cry or whine. She liked having fun; going places, hanging with her friends. This wasn’t her; she didn’t have voices in her head, or the ability to change into a wolf. This new life was something she had to get used to, whether she liked it or not. It was something that would take time for her to process and understand. Hopefully she could get past this stage and move on to the next one. After finishing her internal monologue, Emery got out of the shower and dried off. Walking into the bedroom she tried to stifle a yawn.
“Time for bed Drea, I’m tired.” I sat on the side of the bed trying to figure out what to do about clothes. Getting under the covers was the only thing that I could do. I reached over to turn off the lamp. Beside the base of the lamp sat a note.

Ms. Jacobs,
Your clothes have been delivered by Ms. Jessica. I went ahead and put all your items away.
~Sophie

          Well holy fuck! I had clothes. I jumped out of the bed and ran naked to the closet. I mean it was one thing to have to stay here anyway, another to stay here and not have any clothes. I shuddered at that thought. I opened the door to see that it was true my closest from home had been transported here. So Jessica had been here and left again huh. That’s it that heifer was getting a phone call, right after I get dressed.
          Emery walked into the kitchen to grab the phone and went back to bed, dialing on the way. Just as she suspected Jessica didn’t answer. She wasn’t going to leave a message, what she needed to say wasn’t worth leaving on an answering machine. Emery settled back under the covers and before her head rested firmly on the pillow she was a sleep.

          Bang, bang, bang. “Emery open up, you’re late,” someone was yelling at the door.
          “What the hell is that noise?” Emery said as she rolled over and tucked herself tighter into the covers.
          “Emery, Javier said that you are in trouble! Emmmery!” The yelling kept getting louder.
          “Ugh who could that be?” Emery thought to herself. She tossed the covers off of her and went to open the door. When she opened the door she saw that some kid was standing there, hand raised to knock again. “What is it you little twerp?”
          “Javier said you were late and sent me to come get you. I’m missing my snack. So you better hurry up so I can eat. Twerp!” the little guy said to her. He had to be all of seven years old.
          “Whatever, I’m going back to sleep. Tell Javier I’ll see him at eight.”
          “But it’s already ten and its snack time at ten!”
          “Oh shit!”
          “Ooh you said a bad word” The boy said, shaking his head at Emery.
          “Yeah I sure did. Why don’t you run along and tell Javier that I’m on my way.”
          “Nope, I suppose to stay with you until you get there or you’re gonna get lost.”
          “Sure you are,” Emery said as she walked back towards the bedroom. “Come on in I’ll just be a minute.” It took ten because I had to figure out what I was supposed to wear to learn to be a shape shifter.
          “She’s here,” the boy said as he ran up to Javier once they reached the training center. “Now where’s my money?” He said as he held out his hand.
          “I thought that you wanted a snack, Jacob.”
          “Nope, money. She takes forever to get dressed and she walks sooo slow”
          “Well how about and I.O.U.?”
          “Ok, but remember that I know where you live,” Jacob said as he ran away. “Mommy, Javier owes me money.”
          Emery laughed at the little guy. He had tried to chat her up on the way to the training center but Emery didn’t know what to say to a seven year old, so she’d kept quiet. Jacob was going to be a handful, she could already tell.
           “Hey Javier, sorry I’m la— umph,” Emery found herself looking up at Javier from the ground. “What the hell was that for?” I said as I tried to pick myself up off the floor.
          “Always be prepared and on time,” Javier said while moving to the side of me.
          Once I was up right, I got in my best fighting stance. At least what I thought was a fighting stance and said, “Ok let’s do this.”
          Javier looked at me, “Ok you asked for it.”
          Two seconds later I found myself back on the floor.  “Fuck how did you do that? I didn’t even see you move.”
          “You can move just as fast, just have to trust yourself.” Javier said as he helped me up.
          This time when Javier went to move I anticipated it and jumped to the left. Too bad that’s was right into his path. “Ahh. You know what? I’m really started to like this mat. It’s such a nice shade of blue and it’s pretty darn comfy.”
          Javier coughed to hide his chuckle. “You ready for me to teach you or do you want to stay on your new bed?”
          I turned my head towards his direction, “Eh, I’m good. I’ll stay right here.”
          “Ok that’s cool, I’ll just tell William you quit; that you don’t have what it takes to be a changer. Sophie will have everything packed and ready to go. Just let me know when you’re ready?” Javier said as he started walking out of the training room.
          Fuck! “Wait,” I said once I’d gotten to my feet. “I’m ready for you. Which way do you want me?” I had no clue what was going to happen but I didn’t want him to think I was a quitter.
          Javier stopped with his hand on the door. He did all he could to stop the smile spreading on his face. She didn’t know that she just left herself wide open. “Oh this was going to be fun.” He thought to himself. She wasn’t ready. He knew that but he wanted her to know that too. The down side was that she was a new changer and training new changers sucked. But this was Emery; he’d make a sacrifice for her. Plus he got to touch her soft caramel skin. It took all his ability to actually look into her crystal clear green eyes instead of past her. She was so damn beautiful, if she only knew what she did to him. Turning his head, he said, “You sure you’re ready for me?”
          “I’m ready for him. Mmm come to momma, cat.” Drea said.
          “Oh shut it Drea. You know what he meant. Plus you’ve been quiet this long don’t start now.” I mumbled to myself. I didn’t need her extra thoughts messing this up. I’m sure he has a girlfriend or had a girlfriend, if yesterday was any indication. Emery looked at Javier straight in the eyes and said, “Yeah let’s do this.”
          Javier walked back over toward Emery, sat down, and patted the spot next to him. “Come on down. I promise not to bite, unless you want me to.”
          And boy did I want him too. “So not going there” I thought to myself. When I sat it was a little further away than Drea or him probably wanted me to. “What now?”
          “Close your eyes and call up your wolf. Picture what she looks like.” Javier said.
          “I’m not calling up that flea bag, let alone picture what she looks like.”
          “Just do it, please.” Javier said from beside me.
          I wanted to say something smart, but I left it alone. With my eyes closed I tried to picture what Drea would look like.
          “You see her?” He asked me.
          I shook my head no.
          “Try thinking about what does she’s look like? Where do you’d see her? Relax a little. It’s hard the first time to picture your wolf when you barely know her.”
          While Javier was talking I’d tried to relax like he’d suggested. It was easy to picture a wolf, any wolf. But to picture one that belonged to me, that was going to be difficult.
“Talk to your wolf. See if she’ll let you see her.”
 Taking his advice I said, “Come on Drea let me see you.”
“No, don’t want to.”
“Drea, please. I promise to get you a steak.”
“What’s with you bribing me?”
“Oh come on.” I said, “What do you want? What will make you come forward so I can see you?”
“Nothing you could give me, but I will settle for you taking a sniff of  cat boy over there.”
“Absolutely not!” I’d accidently said out loud.
“What is it Emery?” Javier ask with concern in his voice. “What is it she wants?”
I looked at Javier and tried not to blush. “It’s nothing,” I said.
“It has to be something. What does she want?” he asked me.
Here goes nothing. “She uh…wants me to sniff you.” I said quickly.
This time Javier laughed. He laughed caused me to get butterflies in my stomach. Who knew a man could have such a sexy laugh. “That’s it?” He asked me once he stopped laughing.
“That’s it? That’s rude!” I couldn’t believe that he was actually going to consider letting me sniff him.
“It’s totally normal.”
“So what you’re telling me is that it’s normal to go around sniffing people?”
“Yes. How else are you going to find out if someone is one of your kind or not?” Javier said with a straight face.
“Well when you put it like that.” I said, still thinking that it was a little strange.
Javier stretched his arm out and placed his wrist near my nose. I would have to lean forward to reach it but at least he didn’t jump in my lap. “Go ahead, take a sniff.” He said while smiling at me.
“Not there, his neck, or no deal”
“Fuck you Drea!”
“Yeah, yeah. Neck or no deal.”
I sighed. I looked at Javier and said, “She wants me to sniff your neck.”
Javier looked as shocked as I felt. I could see the emotions play across his face before he simply nodded. Rising up on his knees he crawled the foot or two that separated us. Man he moved just like he cat he was. He looked at me waiting for me to lean forward and take a sniff.
“Here goes nothing,” I said as my placed me nose into the crook of his neck. At first I held my breath. This wasn’t normal shit. You don’t just sniff people, but if it got me a little closer to leaving then this is what I’d have to do. Taking a deep breath through my nose and closed my eyes as I breathed in the scent of Javier. Damn. He smelled fucking great. He smelled like the pine found in the woods; like a hard day’s work; like life. I could smell the faint scent of sweat he’d worked up from placing me on my ass earlier. And to top it off this motherfucker smelled like sex. Not just any sex, but that knock down, knuckle dragging, and roll around in the bed all day sex. Dammit, he smelled just like the type of sex I wanted; the type of sex that I knew I could have if I ask. And boy didn’t I want to ask.
Javier pulled back and sat back down. He cleared his throat, “Was that good enough for her?” He asked, his voice a little raspy.
I was still leaning forward with my eyes closed. When I open my eyes I saw him looking at me. The look in his eyes said, “Yes. Yes I would fuck you. I would fuck you just like that and more. You ready for me?” I blinked to make sure that was what I was seeing, but all that was left was laughter in his eyes.
“Um,” cough, “Yeah, that should work.”
“Good let get you picturing your wolf.” Javier said all the rasps gone from his voice.
I closed my eyes again and tried to picture Drea again. This time the heifer was front and center.
Before Javier could ask what she looked like this time, I went ahead and spoke. “She’s gray all over with black tips. Except for one paw that’s solid white. Her eyes are blues with a silver ring around them.”
“Good, now what is she doing?”
“She’s…” Emery took a good look at the wolf she was sharing her body with and realized, “That bitch is giving me the finger, or at least trying to. And she’s laughing; like really laughing at me.” I open my eyes to see a huge grin on Javier’s face.
“She’s not laughing at you. That would be impossible. Try again and be serious about it.” Javier said. He’d lost his smile by the time he finished speaking.
“I am being serious. If you don’t believe me ask her yourself.” I sat back, closed my eyes, and relaxed. “Drea, you bitch, your turn.”
I felt Drea move through my mind, taking control of my body. I was seriously going to have to get used to this. She opened my eyes and looked over at Javier.
“Your eyes, they just changed colors.” Javier said he sat up straighter.
          “Duh, stupid, it’s because it’s me,” Drea said.
          “You? Emery stop playing. There’s no way I could be talking to your wolf.”
          “You see me don’t you?”
          Javier shook his head in disbelief. “Okay, say that I go along with this, which I don’t believe is happening. Why did you give her the finger?”
          “I didn’t give her the finger, I tried to but seeing that I have paws, I can’t really give her the finger, now can I? Anymore questions?”
          “Uh, no?” Javier said with disbelief still in his voice.
          “Satisfied?” I’d asked once I’d taken back over.
          Javier just looked back at me. “Emery?”
          “Tis I.”
          “I’ve never seen someone separate themselves from their animal.”
          “What can I say? Must be the witch in me.”
          “I forgot about that. William told me about your mother. That must be the reason why the elders don’t want us to mate with witches.”
          I let that go. I didn’t want to get into to clan politics. I didn’t want to talk about my mom. And I didn’t plan on staying here long. This wasn’t my home no matter what William was trying to do to make me see otherwise.
          After that little incident Javier looked too nervous to continue so he took the training a different route; right into jujitsu. I’d seen places around my house that offered classes, but though I wanted to learn it, I hadn’t had the time. Now it looked like I was going to learn it now. Javier first showed me the basic steps and standing postures. After about three hours of practicing the basics I finally got them down pact.
          “Good Emery, you’re doing great. One more time and we’re done for the day.” Javier said as he was walking around me looking at my technique. “Okay that’s it. Time to go eat, but before I let you go, you have to find me.”
          “We’re seriously about to play hide and seek? Dude I’m starving.” He had to be shitting me, I was so hungry. I know he had to hear my stomach rumbling.
          “Only if you want to go eat,” Javier said to me.
          “Fuck it, let’s do it.” I didn't have time to play. I wanted to go eat.
          Javier nodded, “Okay spin around six times with your eyes closed and then try to find me.”
          As soon as Emery closed her eyes, Javier took off.
          “This has to be the silliest thing ever. I have to play hide and seek for food. What’s next playing cards for sex?” Emery thought as she spun in a circle. “The things I do for food.”
When I reached the final spin, I stopped and opened my eyes. I couldn't see anything, the room was pitched black. Was he serious? He could have at least made it easy for me. Taking a deep breath, I let it out and went in search of Javier.

1 comment:

  1. Drea is bad ass lol. How she flicked off Em? She takes no prisoners. And mmm Javier sounds sexy ;-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. If it sucks please let me know, tell me why, if it doesn't, let me know too :)